Punjab Engineering College

The Punjab Engineering College (Deemed University) Chandigarh was orginally established as Mugalpura Engineering College at Lahore (now in Pakistan) on November 9, 1921. The name of the college was later changed to Maclagan Engineering College and its started functioning under the name on March 19, 1924. In the year 1931, the college got affiliated to Punjab University, Lahore. After partition in 1947, the college was shifted to Roorkee (India) and was renamed as East Punjab College of Engineering. In the year 1950 the word East was dropped and it came to know by its present name - Punjab Engineering College.

Chandigarh BL536 05Following Atamvir Singh Multanis report of the relics of a destroyed An-12  at the Punjab Engineering College, Chandigarh, more photos have turned up of the wreckage - contributed by Tony Sarao.

A much sought after and coveted aircraft

The IAF's very first "manufactured" aircraft

Auster Aiglet that belonged to Air Vice Marshal Harjinder Singh

An Mi-8 from the first batch of Mi-8s inducted

Additional information